Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Start with today.

Well, hello blog.   Gosh, does anyone do this anymore?   I apparently dont.   For almost a year.   Tonight I was looking at an old video really grateful I had posted on here.   And I thought... If I dont write it down, I will forget.   I have all pics from the last year but no stories to go along with them.   Maybe I'll do a mass upload one day... Call the post 2013-2014 or something.   Im no good at FB or Instagram or all these other things either.   I just need to pick one and stick to it.   I say I like this one.   And if anyone still cares to read, Im going to try to be back.   It all started last year when the kids went to school.   I thought I'd have more time to do this while they are in school.   Turns out I'd much rather to other stuff.   This year the twins will be in Kindergarten.   KINDERGARTEN!   I know.  And its all day.   Max will be in PreK every morning till noon.   SO maybe I'll have more time?   Bwahaha.   I still have a whole list of other things I'd like to do instead.   Go to the gym, run?  Bike?  Go to the shooting range?  See?   Blog is not on there.   Play the piano?  Yeah, that doesnt happen either.  Except when Im really really mad.

So, I think to get back to it, I just need to start with today.   Today its raining all day.   Like flash flood super high tide people stranded raining that makes AMAZING puddles raining.   How could we stay in on a day like today?   So out we went.   So the science center, which was surprisingly very busy.  A little rain never scared me away!   Although it was raining so hard I could barely see to feed the meter.   The kids laid on a bed of nails, played with all sorts of stuff... the dinosaurs and tornado are musts.   And then back to more puddles.   I decided these umbrellas are ridiculously small (since my kids wont listen to me and stop growing).   So we went school shopping at walmart after and added new rain boots and bigger umbrellas to the list.





Then tonight, Claire, being the thoughtful fun girl she is, decided she wanted to have a popcorn party in her room.   She laid out the blanket, blew up the balloons, got the ipad, and then even helped the boys with their chores so they could come (because they were in BIG trouble for the bubble mess they made in the bathroom).   Claire is one of the most kind, generous, thoughtful, sensitive girls I know.  I mean that, out of everyone I know, she beats them all.   She is very aware of other people.   Bless her little heart.  She is such a pleaser and wants to do everything exactly just right the way its supposed to be done.   She needs no punishment, a stern look will reduce her to devastated tears.    Just love her.
     

No comments: